Among Us is an online multiplayer social deduction game developed and published by American game studio Innersloth.
Lens #4: The Lens of Surprise:
Imagine that you are a Crewmate, working hard to complete your task…At this time a Impostor come from behind and kill you! A red assassin picture and sound effects can scare you, and the Impostor may be your best friend!
Lens #9: The Elemental Tetrad:
The game takes place in a space-themed setting, in which players each take on one of two roles, most being Crewmates, and a predetermined number being Impostors.
Players suspected to be Impostors may be eliminated via a plurality vote, which any player may initiate by calling an emergency meeting (except during a crisis) or reporting a dead body. Crewmates win if all Impostors are eliminated or all tasks are completed whereas Impostors win if there is an equal number of Impostors and Crewmates, or if a critical sabotage goes unresolved.
- Goal of the Crewmates: identify the Impostors, eliminate them, and complete tasks around the map.
- Goal of the Impostors: covertly sabotage and kill the Crewmates before they complete all of their tasks.
- If a player dies, they become a ghost. Ghosts can pass through walls, are invisible to everyone except other ghosts, however, dead Crewmates must still complete their tasks.
- If an Impostor dies from being voted off, they can still sabotage to help the other Impostor(s).
- All players except ghosts have a limited cone of vision, only allowing them to see other players within a certain unblocked distance around them.
Cartoon pixel characters achieve a better picture with minimal hardware overhead.
It was released on iOS and Android devices in June 2018 and on Windows in November 2018, featuring cross-platform play between these platforms.
Lens #17: The lens of The Toy
- The game can even forget the goals. You can also play hide-and-seek with your friends, turn off the lights and enjoy the darkness.
- Among Us is easy to get started, the rules and goals are simple, the only thing you need to practise is to make up the story when you are a Impostor.
Lens #21: The lens of Flow
- Goals are different between Crewmates and Impostors. Even different Crewmates have different tasks to complete.
- Because that the game can win in different ways: identify and eliminate the Impostors, complete tasks around the map, sabotage and kill the Crewmates… If some players forget their tasks, the others can also win!
Lens #44: The lens of Cooperation
The Crewmates need to cooperate to win, if all the Crewmates play separate, the Impostors are easy to kill them and it’s hard for the Crewmates to recognize and expel the Impostors. But watch out! Not all the guys following you are good, the Impostors can gain your trust by not killing you.